Uploading, downloading maps and making back-ups

• Retired Staff

You’ve made an awesome map and would like to share it with the LEET community? Or perhaps you’ve heard of some amazing map that would be great to have on your server?! Or maybe you want to make a back up of your map, because the Roll Back feature of 24hours is too risky? This is all possible within the LEET app and this tutorial will explain you how to use these features the best way you could!

1) Uploading my map
    So you have made a fabulous lobby and want to share it with the whole LEET community, but… You just have no clue how? Don’t worry! It is very easy and I will teach it to you in just a few simple steps!

First of all, you will need to have the LEET app installed, which I am 100% sure it already is (you also might want to rate it 5 stars ;) ). Once you opened the app, go to ‘Optional’ then find ‘Map’. Press ‘Share/Save current map’.
    Map section
    This will open a menu where you need to fill in the name you want to give to the map and a small description about the map.
    Menu of map
    It also asks for the map type. This is useful to make your map easier to find by other users. If you don’t find anything that fits to your map, just choose ‘Other’ but if your map fits to a theme, use that theme name in app too!
    Map type selection

Once you chose a map type, you are amost ready to share your map with the world! Let’s say that this is what you want to do, then you don’t need to touch anything. To make a private back up of your map, just make the map private by turning off the ‘Shared map’ switch. Now all you need to do is attaching an image of your map. Use a valid screenshot, a screenshot that has been taken on the server. This will make your map more attractive and most likely to be downloaded.
    Downloading maps and your back ups will be discussed later.

2) Downloading maps
    Downloading maps is easy and free! If you saw a map and want to use it on your server too, well you can do this by using the ‘Choose Map’ feature in the LEET app. To do so, open the app and find the ‘Choose Map’ button.
    Choose Map
    Press it. A menu will open. From that menu, you can see all the maps that LEET users have publicly uploaded. The featured maps are maps that are from a very good quality and have been verified by LEET staff. They are worth downloading.
    Map menu
    You can also go through the other categories to see all maps. You might even find a very good one that hasn’t yet been featured!
    To download a map and use it on your server, press the map and choose ‘Load map’. This will downloa the map and install it on your server.
    WARNING The current map will be deleted! However, you can still roll it back, but after 24 hours, if you want your old map back, you will need a back up of it, because roll back only works 24hours.

3) Making a back up of your map
    Roll back only works 24 hours, but what if a problem happens and you haven’t noticed it and it is too late to roll back? Well if you haven’t made a back you might need to perform a map reset, however, if you have made a map back up, you can load the back up and play your server like nothing happened! Making a back up is fairly easy.

First of all, go to the ‘Save/Publish map’ menu in the LEET app. If you’ve already uploaded a map before, you should be familiar with it. Once you are in the menu, write a title and a description for the back up. This can be a date of when the back up was made or a description of what you are doing after making the back up.
    Back up
    You probably don’t want everyone to be able to download the back up, are you? In order to make it private, turn off the ‘Shared map’ switch.
    Once done, press ‘Save/Publish’ this will save your map. Don’t exit the LEET app! Wait until it is done saving the map.
    To find your back up, go to the ‘Choose Map’ menu, then to the ‘Shared’ category. There you will find all maps you have ever uploaded, publicly or privately. All you need to do now is finding your back up, selecting it and loading it on your server.
    Shared maps
    4) Rating maps
    Sometimes, you are able to rate a map. This is something very easy and it just takes 3 seconds! If not less. If you see this, it’s always nice to rate the map. Just select ‘Click to rate’ and another menu will open.
    Click to rate
    In that menu, you can select the amount of stars you want to give the map.
    ![gqqNMwe.png
    Press ‘Rate’ and you’re done!

5) Getting your map featured
    Many people want their map to be featured and if you have ever uploaded a map, you are most likely to be one of these people. Getting your map featured requires your map to be one of the best we’ve seen! Something unique! Now, you need to know the Map ID so that we can feature your map. The map ID can be found next to the map. To see the map ID of your map, go to ‘Shared’, find the map, and you will see that in the top right corner it says 'MapID=“XXXXXX”.
    That’s all. We will have a look at the map then, and see if it is worth being featured.

Was this helpful? Hit the ‘^’ button at the top right of the tutorial.

melt in ur mouth kinda lovin' bon appétit, bébé

• Great tutorial Max this sounds great! :smile:

-Kamden Leet Helper
    Need help? If you need help ask me I am willing to help out anyone who needs it.
    If I helped you out upvote my post clicking on ^

• Retired Staff

@Tapouthimself Thanks! :D

• Management

That’s good material :D

https://leethelp.desk.com/

• ok thats good.

• ANDROID ONLY. AGAIN

SMPSURVIVAL.leet.cc
    You Won't Regret It :)

• This post is deleted!

• Management

Coming to IOS soon ;)

https://leethelp.desk.com/

• lol l

• Retired Staff

@JarebALLgamerMC Mind your language.

• Sim consertesa claro

• Banned

BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    only for Android

I am the most bantering lad in the leet forums

• How much more soon? Lol.

@DroidWareWolf said:

Coming to IOS soon ;)

SWSCRAFT
    Server: a49080.leet.cc
    Port: 49080

JOIN NOW!

• Retired Staff

@kylesws, no specified date.

The best thing about this signature is that by the time you've realised it says nothing, It's too late to stop reading it. :D

/ The Head of the Administration team at LEET Inc.

• You said Guys That You Dont Replies To Email Anymore So Were we Can Tell You Our MapId And ScreenShots of Our Map

ALT TEXT
    =Owner Of Necro|PH=
    IP:c59910.leet.cc PORT:59910
    Upvote Will Be Appreciated =)
    PC Spawn Maker Just PM Me

• @DannielTPK said:

You said Guys That You Dont Replies To Email Anymore So Were we Can Tell You Our MapId And ScreenShots of Our Map

At Kik or Here by a Private message

0mega
    Here to help
    ALT TEXT

• nice one max 👌👌👌

• Hey @SirMaxime, is this out for iOS cause i don’t see it in my leet app :/. If it’s an update that iOS doesn’t have can you please update it for iOS or at least ask @beetree mabey?? If you could that would be great :)

Kind Regards

#ParrotParty
    Im young, I still try to help! Visit my website: THEJAGAR.tk
    Lel

• Retired Staff

@THEJAGAR It isn’t available on iOS as of now.

• ok thanks ill wait till it comes out for iOS :)

Kind Regards

#ParrotParty
    Im young, I still try to help! Visit my website: THEJAGAR.tk
    Lel

• It wont let me scroll down and wont let me download a map from there