Topic Locking

• Greetings everyone!

Today I have been thinking why not make a tutorial not related to plugins? I have kept this idea for a few days, and I have already seen someone mentioned about topic locking so I decided why not make a tutorial.

What is Topic Locking?
    When a LEET Staff member locks a topic it means that no one can no longer reply on the topic except staff, but it hardly happens once the topic is locked. There is various reasons why LEET Staff members lock topics. I will mention them below.

Types of Topic Locking

Requested by op.
    This is the most common reason why topics are locked. Requested by op means that the topic owner has gave the approval that the topic needs no more replies or already got what he/she was looking for. Although if you guys ask for the topic to be locked we will lock it for you.

Examples:

Topic can be locked

Lock topic please

You can now :lock:

Bumping old topics
    You sometimes see a user posting on old topics which haven’t had a reply in a long time. Although, this most likely happens in server, and tutorial topics. Wait, now you might be asking when do we count it as an old topic? Well the topic must be a month or older without a reply so it can be locked. If you see an old topic there is no need to reply as we will get through all the topics eventually.

Drama or Flamewar
    For users who get mad at each other and start a fight over a thread is not allowed. Doing so will lead the topic to being locked. This means that users aren’t allowed to argue, or say anything bad that may affect a user. If you want to argue, chat through PM, not in a topic which was made not to start drama

Off-Topic Discussion
    You might say by the title, that we lock topics that are off-topic, but this is not the case. Off-Topic discussion means when a user talks about something random which is not related to the main topic. This wouldn’t occur in the off-topic section, as you can post anything you want, but if it’s in a different category it would possibly be locked, or sometimes your posts can be deleted and not have the topic locked.

Topic OP Dead
    We sometimes receive users who are waiting to be banned by the management team. They sometimes post a topic to say something mean. Although some users might be nice at the beginning and then they do something wrong and they suddenly get banned. Well if the user is banned and has created a topic, the topic will be marked as dead, meaning that the user is banned.

Hope I made it clear for why the LEET Staff Team would lock topics. If you have any questions or concerns don’t hesitate to contact me anytime as I am more than happy to assist you.

Kind Regards,

Arthix

GoblinBuilders Manager
    Former LEET Supervisor
    #BringBackArthix

• Completed this tutorial. Might be adding other reasons on why we lock topics, and possibly a new section in the tutorial.

Arthix

GoblinBuilders Manager
    Former LEET Supervisor
    #BringBackArthix

• Wow you like typing ALLOT

ALTTEXT
    Please Donate and vote for amazing rewards!
    "Sydney is in america!" -paetti
    Donations urgently needed!
    Musty is da best ;D

• @ibrahimk157 I actually make everything informational for users.

Arthix

GoblinBuilders Manager
    Former LEET Supervisor
    #BringBackArthix

• Banned

@GenetiCraft so when a old topic never got a reply it gets locked?

Banned for ban evasion and alternate accounts ~MrCakeSlayer

• Supervisor

@GenetiCraft said in Topic Locking, Here Are Some Errors:

Greetings everyone!

Today I have been thinking why not make a tutorial not related to plugins? I have kept this idea for a few days, and I have already seen someone mentioned about topic locking so I decided why not make a tutorial.

What is Topic Locking?
    When a LEET Staff member locks a topic it means that no one can no longer reply on the topic except staff, but it hardly happens once the topic is locked. There is various reasons why LEET Staff members lock topics. I well mention them below.

Types of Topic Locking

Requested by op.
    This is the most common reason why topics are locked. Requested by op means that the topic owner has gave approval that the topic needs no more replies or already got what he/she was looking for. Although if you guys ask for the topic to be locked we will lock it for you.

Examples:

Topic can be locked

Lock topic please

Bumping old topics
    You sometimes see a user posting on old topics which haven’t had a reply in a long time. Although, this most likely happens in server, and tutorial topics. Wait, now you might be asking when do we count it as an old topic? Well the topic must be a month or older without a reply so it can be locked. If you see a old topic there is no need to reply as we will get through all the topics eventually.

Drama or Flamewar
    For users who get mad at each other and start a fight over a forums topic is not allowed. Doing so will lead the topic to being locked. This means that users aren’t allowed to argument, or say anything bad that may affect a user. If you want to argue, chat through PM, not in a topic which was made not to start drama

Off-Topic Discussion
    You might say by the title, that we lock topics that are off-topic, but this is not the case. Off-Topic discussion means when a users talk about something random which is not related to the main topic. This wouldn’t occur in the off-topic section, as you can post anything you want, but if it’s in another category it would possibly be locked, or sometimes your posts can be deleted and not have the topic locked.

Topic OP Dead
    We sometimes receive users who are waiting to be banned by the management team. They sometimes post a topic to say something mean. Although some users might be nice at the beggining and then they do something wrong and they suddenly get banned. Well if the user is banned and has created a topic, the topic will be marked as dead, meaning that the user is banned.

Hope I made it clear for why the LEET Staff Team would lock topics. If you have any questions or concerns don’t hesitate to contact me anytime as I am more than happy to assist you.

Kind Regards,

Find help at: leethelp.desk.com
    LEET Twitter: @leet_cc

• I love the “OP is dead” part.

• Supervisor

@Thouv me too lmao

• @alyssa_perez If gets a reply within a month later without a reply in the topic it would get locked. This is only if a user comments on it, but if no one comments on it for a month it won’t be locked.

@GodZ_Knights Okay, thanks alot! Fixed most of the grammatical and spelling mistakes. :+1:

Arthix

GoblinBuilders Manager
    Former LEET Supervisor
    #BringBackArthix

• @GodZ_Knights said in Topic Locking:

Greetings everyone!

What is Topic Locking?
    When a LEET Staff member locks a topic it means that no one can no longer reply on the topic except staff, but it hardly happens once the topic is locked. There is various reasons why LEET Staff members lock topics. I well mention them below.

Types of Topic Locking

Requested by op.
    This is the most common reason why topics are locked. Requested by op means that the topic owner has gave approval that the topic needs no more replies or already got what he/she was looking for. Although if you guys ask for the topic to be locked we will lock it for you.

Examples:

Topic can be locked

Lock topic please

Bumping old topics
    You sometimes see a user posting on old topics which haven’t had a reply in a long time. Although, this most likely happens in server, and tutorial topics. Wait, now you might be asking when do we count it as an old topic? Well the topic must be a month or older without a reply so it can be locked. If you see a old topic there is no need to reply as we will get through all the topics eventually.

Drama or Flamewar
    For users who get mad at each other and start a fight over a forums topic is not allowed. Doing so will lead the topic to being locked. This means that users aren’t allowed to argument, or say anything bad that may affect a user. If you want to argue, chat through PM, not in a topic which was made not to start drama

Off-Topic Discussion
    You might say by the title, that we lock topics that are off-topic, but this is not the case. Off-Topic discussion means when a users talk about something random which is not related to the main topic. This wouldn’t occur in the off-topic section, as you can post anything you want, but if it’s in another category it would possibly be locked, or sometimes your posts can be deleted and not have the topic locked.

Topic OP Dead
    We sometimes receive users who are waiting to be banned by the management team. They sometimes post a topic to say something mean. Although some users might be nice at the beggining and then they do something wrong and they suddenly get banned. Well if the user is banned and has created a topic, the topic will be marked as dead, meaning that the user is banned.

Kind Regards,

You spelled some of the corrections WRONG xD If you want someone to help fix your thread grammar and spelling, ask me! XD I’m a Grammar Nazi.

Adios. ✌️

• @YamYamYammie said in Topic Locking:

@GodZ_Knights said in Topic Locking:

Greetings everyone!

What is Topic Locking?

Types of Topic Locking

Requested by op.

Examples:

Topic can be locked

Lock topic please

Bumping old topics

Drama or Flamewar

Off-Topic Discussion

Topic OP Dead

Kind Regards,

You spelled some of the corrections WRONG xD If you want someone to help fix your thread grammar and spelling, ask me! XD I’m a Grammar Nazi.

I am okay. I was just doing this in the middle of the night, so I might have done a few mistakes. I will fix them myself later today.

Arthix

GoblinBuilders Manager
    Former LEET Supervisor
    #BringBackArthix

• @GenetiCraft said in Topic Locking:

@YamYamYammie said in Topic Locking:

Greetings everyone!

What is Topic Locking?

Types of Topic Locking

Requested by op.

Examples:

Topic can be locked

Lock topic please

Bumping old topics

Drama or Flamewar

Off-Topic Discussion

Topic OP Dead

Kind Regards,

I am okay. I was just doing this in the middle of the night, so I might have done a few mistakes. I will fix them myself later today.

I was talking to @GodZ_Knights lol

Adios. ✌️

• @GenetiCraft Nice 😀 thx for this cuz many people complained about getting topic locked

> Member
    >> Member
    >>> Member
    >>>> Mod
    >>>>> Admin

• Supervisor

Greetings everyone!

What is Topic Locking?

Types of Topic Locking

Requested by op.

Examples:

Topic can be locked

Lock topic please

Bumping old topics

Drama or Flamewar

Off-Topic Discussion

Topic OP Dead

Kind Regards,

Hmm? I was pointing out his mistakes?

• @GodZ_Knights said in Topic Locking:

Greetings everyone!

What is Topic Locking?

Types of Topic Locking

Requested by op.

Examples:

Topic can be locked

Lock topic please

Bumping old topics

Drama or Flamewar

Off-Topic Discussion

Topic OP Dead

Kind Regards,

Hmm? I was pointing out his mistakes?

Some of those corrections were not needed :P like the one about another category.

Adios. ✌️

• @GenetiCraft said in Topic Locking:

@ibrahimk157 I actually make everything informational for users.

ik… What i was saying is a compliment ;)

ALTTEXT
    Please Donate and vote for amazing rewards!
    "Sydney is in america!" -paetti
    Donations urgently needed!
    Musty is da best ;D

• Great tutorial and info!

Best regards,

If you have any problems make sure to pm me or send me an email. (EmmaAlexanderplays@gmail.com)

My company: SolarInc.ml

Leet support: http://support.leet.cc/

“Your eyes are your wings :)” - @Iluvcake

• maybe you should lock this topic? you are a staff member, you can edit this post even if it’s locked.

• My old server post hasn’t had a post since e few months but my server is going to be back online soon can i still reply to it saying it is online again without it getting locked

server is ALIVE

Cookies 4 da win!!!

• @cookie_killer It would be best to create a new topic though you are the owner of the old topic.

Arthix

GoblinBuilders Manager
    Former LEET Supervisor
    #BringBackArthix