Minecraft server EULA | How to make sure you keep your server

• Retired Staff

Hello
    Mojang / Microsoft recently started blacklisting Minecraft servers which don’t comply with their server EULA. Currently they only blacklist MCPC servers but eventually they will start doing the same on MCPE. We hope no LEET Server will have to be blacklisted because of something that could have been prevented easily. Below you will a list of things you are allowed to do and things you are not allowed to do. You will also find a link to the full Minecraft EULA that you can read and must respect.

What you are allowed to do

Advertise in-game

You are allowed to broadcast messages asking the users to donate to your server.

Charge players for access to your server

For example: Your server is whitelisted. You are allowed to ask players for a donation so that they are added to the whitelist. You’re allowed to charge them as often as you’d like. For example every month you can ask for a certain donation to stay on the whitelist.

A trial version for accessing your server

You can let a player join your server to check it out first before being added to the whitelist mentioned earlier. The trial players must have the same access to features as the users who are added to the whitelist and who paid for being on the whitelist.

Give priority access to your server to paying users

If you have VIP Slots enabled for example, you are allowed to have people pay to be on the VIP list.

Sell ranks

You are allowed to sell ranks on your server as long as these ranks don’t come with perks that give an advantage. Colored names, hats,… are allowed.

Access to some commands

You are allowed to sell access to commands. These commands need to be purely cosmetic and should not affect the gameplay. Commands to switch from Survival to Creative for example are not allowed.

What you are not allowed to do

Charge for access to a specific part of your server

If a player joins your server they must have access to everything on the server. You can’t have a place where only paying players can warp to, like a VIP-only area.

Sell items that give an advantage

You are not allowed to sell kits with real money that give items that will give an advantage to the player who bought it. Neither are you allowed to sell in-game money.
    Boosters, XP or other in game resources may not be sold for real money!

Sell in-game currency

You are not allowed to sell in-game currency for real money.

These are the main things you need to know. If your server ever happens to be blacklisted (which we hope doesn’t happen!) we will not refund any purchases.

The complete EULA can be read here:
    https://account.mojang.com/documents/minecraft_eula
    The EULA regarding commercial use of Minecraft can be read here:
    https://account.mojang.com/terms#commercial

Thanks for your understanding

melt in ur mouth kinda lovin' bon appétit, bébé

• Staff

Thank you for the information, Maxime.

FuzionPanda
    LEET Customer Service Representative

Here to help!
    Graphic Design Artist
    Get help: support.leet.cc
    #Spyros4Supervisor

• :+1: :D

Beep

• I need to make sure I comply. As far as I see now, I am ok, but I will need to look more into it.

• Staff

Maxime, I have 3 questions.

1. About that “You can’t charge for access to a specific part of your server”…Lifeboat added a VIP-only area…so will they get blacklisted for doing so?

2. How will Mojang find out if you are breaking these rules? Will they send somebody to look at your server or something? Or perhaps if a user reports you server?

3. Can you sell OP for donations, or is that an additional restriction? I see how it’d fit under the “Sell items that give an advantage”…but I get a lot of donations to my server from that…

Please answer in as much detail as possible. Thank you so much. :)

FuzionPanda

Here to help!
    Graphic Design Artist
    #Spyros4Supervisor

• Retired Staff

@RainbowMario said in [Minecraft server EULA | How to make sure you keep your server]

1. Can you sell OP for donations, or is that an additional restriction? I see how it’d fit under the “Sell items that give an advantage”…but I get a lot of donations to my server from that…

Please answer in as much detail as possible. Thank you so much. :)

Easily put, if not everyone gets the perk, it’s against the EULA.

Professional developer in the adult entertainment industry with the occasional Minecraft related project.

• Staff

@ProjectInfinity said in Minecraft server EULA | How to make sure you keep your server:

Easily put, if not everyone gets the perk, it’s against the EULA.

Ah darn…but that still doesn’t make sense…LBSG sells VIP rank which gives you kits and stuff you can use…normal LBSG users can’t use that perk…so apparently Lifeboat is against the EULA right now…

FuzionPanda

Here to help!
    Graphic Design Artist
    #Spyros4Supervisor

• Retired Staff

@RainbowMario Yes, Lifeboat is not complying to the EULA and if Mojang notices it there is a high chance of them being blacklisted.

melt in ur mouth kinda lovin' bon appétit, bébé

• Staff

@SirMaxime said in Minecraft server EULA | How to make sure you keep your server:

@RainbowMario Yes, Lifeboat is not complying to the EULA and if Mojang notices it there is a high chance of them being blacklisted.

Ah, okay. Thanks for clarifying. I will work on fixing this so my server doesn’t get blacklisted.

FuzionPanda

Here to help!
    Graphic Design Artist
    #Spyros4Supervisor

• changes donation rewards

Regards, Shmify.

• Can players buy items?

"We Cannot Solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them". -Albert Einstein

“What happened to me was a freak accident, but I don’t let that define me”.

• @IAmDevBoB said in Minecraft server EULA | How to make sure you keep your server:

Can players buy items?

From my understanding, no.

• That’s kinda why people buy ranks so they have perks and doesn’t that mean that you can’t donate to be staff?

better do it today then slave away tommorow

• Is it against the rules to put a airport for $100 which takes them to a kit of there choice??
    I hope not, because the moral of my server is to get a job and earn money so you can get all that stuff!!

"Don't ask to ask, just ask" -beetree

Ranks and Rewards are given out if donated or voted!!
    Voting Site: minecraftpocket-servers.com/server/40605/

• Well no if it’s ig money

better do it today then slave away tommorow

• You can do anything that’s with
    In-game money. Just not sell money :)

SMPSURVIVAL.leet.cc
    You Won't Regret It :)

• Awwwww…really!! Are you sure? I thought it meant like you can sell kits for real money!!

"Don't ask to ask, just ask" -beetree

Ranks and Rewards are given out if donated or voted!!
    Voting Site: minecraftpocket-servers.com/server/40605/

• Yes I’m very sure @Sem1234567890 ! Selling kits for actual currency is strictly NOT allowed!

SMPSURVIVAL.leet.cc
    You Won't Regret It :)

• Banned

Thanks!

"We are friends, in a world we must defend" -Pokemon XY intro song quote
    Best regards,

Drey (aka your local fire drill wizard)

#FINNLIAMDJKAISHERIDAN4BAN

• Go to This and scroll down to servers. Read it carefully.

• @SirMaxime what if u sell items for in-game money? And r u allowed to sell effects for a limited amount of time? Please answer me as i dont to be blacklisted

HIPPOS R BAEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    XD
    LOL
    CHICKENZ AND COWZ ARE BEASTTTTTTTTTS

LOVE TO HELP NEED ANY PM ME XD