(Tutorial) How do I add a Category?

• Banned

Hey, LEET Peepz

Today im going to show new users or users that have recent parchase their LEET Forum on how to add a category to your awesome forum! In this case ill use the GenetiCraft forums

In my future tutorials I have placed the mouse so you know what I am talking about :)

First you want to head to your admin panel. Your admin panel is beside the groups icon. The Admin Panel looks like a settings icon. Click that :)

lWhjeMM.jpg

Then, you want to go to the manage section. In their you want to click the “Categories”.

7ryKtVC.jpg

Once in the categories section you want to look at your bottom right corner. There is a + sign inside a blue circle. You’ll want to click that.

TGbDId9.jpg

After you have clicked the + inside the blue circle. A form will pop-up. This is for your category name. In this case ill use as my category name “My favorite category”. In the bottom of the category name you will see something that says (optional) Parent Category. For example, I want the staff applications to have C.S, Dev, and Finished subcategories. I would make those categories and as the parent category I would put the Staff Applications option.

TRMQ4q6.jpg

Now you click save. Once clicked the save option you’ll get something similar to this

dwsm2T5.jpg

Here i’ll explain the features. For this i’ll use the staff applications category as an example.

Category Description
    We have the Staff Applications category. The category description would be "A place to apply for LEET staff posts.

Background Color
    The Staff Applications background is green. If I want the background black I would need to move the color to black or I would type #000000 .

Text Color
    The icon of the staff applications is a newspaper. If i want the newspaper in blue I would type #0011ff or move it to the blue color.

External Link
    If instead I want the user to get sent to a form instead of a thread I would type the form link. If I want to troll them and make them go to my voting site in the external link I would type bit.ly/GSRPL since thats my vote link.

Changing Icon or Uploading Image
    So if I want to change my icon from a newspaper to a horn I would tap the newspaper in the editing of the staff applications category and find the horn. If I want to download an image that are better than the NodeBB JK I would just get the file and upload it. Note. Keep in note that have a small picture. A too big picture will only show the corner maybe.

Parent Category
    So I decided to have My favorite category as a subcategory of announcement. Lets say I don’t want it to be a subcategory or change the category I would tap the white X inside the orange square.

How do I purge this category?
    So if I don’t want to remove the category because I don’t like it or any other reason I would tap the Red box. Easy as that :)

After im done I want to tap the camera inside the blue circle in the right bottom hand corner. This will save your progress of your category.

Now to see if my category was saved and can be viewed by the users I can either go to the forum and log out the admin panel or I can look in the category section in the admin panel to see if it was saved.

TGbDId9.jpg

In conclusion we see the category was saved. If for example I don’t want to remove the category completely and maybe use it in the future I would tap the red disable rectangle to have it non-visible by you and the users on your forum. If I think I did a bad job on editing my forum and I say to myself “Oh my god I can’t edit it”. You can simply tap the edit button beside the disable button.

First of all want to thank you guys for reaching up to here and thanking GenetiCraft for letting me use their forum for this tutorial.

I hope this answered your questions and if you have any further questions or comments post them below and i’ll be happy to read them.

Sincerely,

Sirslayer0102

I am SirSlayer.

• Nice :D

Beep

• Staff

Wow, nice tutorial.

Fuzion
    LEET Customer Service Representative

Here to help!
    Graphic Design Artist
    Get help: support.leet.cc
    #Spyros4Supervisor

• The details… Wow! Best Forum Based Tutorials are rising :) Can’t wait for your next one. :)

The one and only MCPE user named "Friendship"!

…Well until Xbox live became a thing in MCPE smh…

"We live in an age where everything is staged where all we do is fake our feelings, I've been scared to put myself so out there, time is running out."

• Banned

Nice tutorial :D
    Very helpful for new users, when someone has trouble with this I will give the the link.

"We are friends, in a world we must defend" -Pokemon XY intro song quote
    Best regards,

Drey (aka your local fire drill wizard)

#FINNLIAMDJKAISHERIDAN4BAN

• Banned

Thanks.

I am SirSlayer.

• @SirSlayer0102 Ive made your banner ^_^

The one and only MCPE user named "Friendship"!

…Well until Xbox live became a thing in MCPE smh…

"We live in an age where everything is staged where all we do is fake our feelings, I've been scared to put myself so out there, time is running out."

• Banned

@Friendship said in How to add a category:

@SirSlayer0102 Ive made your banner ^_^

PM me. :)

I am SirSlayer.

• Management

Nice tutorial!

ur favourite elf, alien, anime character, and hybrid

Support: https://leethelp.desk.com/
    LEET Human Resource Manager